Looking For Dental Crowns In Mordialloc? Connect With Us Now!
A dental crown or dental cap is a synthetic “cap” which is placed on the visible part of your tooth. It offers a protective shield to the underlying tooth and dental nerve. A dental crown is cemented on onto your tooth, to prevent further damage to your tooth whilst biting and chewing.
Moreover, dental crowns also have cosmetic usages. If your tooth is chipped, or broken, then a dental crown helps fix it. A dental crown can seamlessly blend with your teeth and help you to get an attractive appearance by fixing jagged or broken surface.
Porcelain crowns, often referred to as caps, are one of the strongest long-term solutions used to restore a single tooth. It restores function and aesthetic to heavily repaired or broken teeth, and also helps to maintain the physical integrity of a tooth after root canal treatment. They are recommended where and when the use of conventional fillings as the final restoration will most likely result in failure. Crowns are highly aesthetic, and can be used on any teeth. Once bonded in place, a well maintained crown can last for well over 15 years. There are predominantly two types of porcelain crowns. Full ceramic crowns are used where aesthetics are a priority, and porcelain fused to precious metal crowns are used when extra strength is required.
Why do I need a dental crown?
- The eroded tooth is the most common reason for getting dental brown. If a decayed patch is left untreated, or if the dental filling has failed, then one might need a dental crown.
- Crowns might also be prescribed if a part of a tooth is chipped or broken due to accident, trauma or infection.
What are the various types of a dental crown?
Here are types of dental crowns-
- Gold alloy
- Metal alloy
- Porcelain fused with metal
- Full Porcelain
What is the procedure of fitting a dental crown?
- You need a prior appointment with your dentist who will consult with you on various alternatives. Also, they may take X rays to assess the condition of your gums or teeth.
- In the following appointment, your dentist before preparation of your tooth for a dental crown. During this process, decayed, broken parts of the tooth are removed and suitable base or core is built.
- Local anaesthesia is given before the beginning of your treatment, which assures that you do not feel pain or discomfort.
- After your tooth has been prepared, a mold or impressions is taken.
- While your permanent crown is being made, you will be given a temporary acrylic crown to protect your prepared tooth.
- It can take up to two weeks for the crown to be made. Your dentists will ensure that your new dental crown looks similar to your natural teeth.
- At your dental crown insertion appointment where you get your permanent crown, your dentist will remove the temporary crown and attach the permanent crown with permanent cement.
So, do you wish to know more about dental crowns in Mordialloc from an expert and experienced dentist? Then connect with us now and schedule an appointment.
Your Beyond Smiles dentist will conduct a thorough examination and assessment, prior to commencing your porcelain restorations, which can be completed in just 2 appointments.
If you are looking for Dental Crowns then schedule your appointment now. Our clinic is headquartered in Mordialloc and we cater to patients coming from areas like Aspendale, Brighton, Chelsea, Cheltenham, Mentone, Moorabbin, Parkdale, and surrounding regions.