Some of the measures we regularly adhere to, or have implemented specifically for COVID-19 include:
- Standard infection control procedures to reduce the spread of any infection;
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all treatments such as standard level 2 surgical masks, protective eyewear and gloves;
- Strengthening our cleaning procedures, including actively promoting the regular use of antibacterial hand sanitiser and surface wipes;
- Updating our staff on personal hygiene measures and our Infectious Diseases Policy;
- Temperature checks and hand sanitisation of all persons upon entering the practice; and
- Segregation or limiting the number of patients in the waiting area, and minimising wait times.
In addition, we’re ensuring that patients and workers who are deemed high risk according to the Government’s advice, do not come into the practice.
In line with this we ask that you please ring us today to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Have returned from mainland China, Iran, Italy or South Korea in the last 14 days
- Have arrived in Australia from overseas as of 16 March 2020
- Are feeling unwell with flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
Please note that this list of high-risk places may change as the global situation develops. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and amend our processes accordingly. If you have any concerns or questions, please call us on (03) 9580 1100 ahead of your visit.
We hope this information provides you with some reassurance as we’re open and ready to support you with your ongoing dental needs – whether it is for your preventive dental check-up, for treatment that you are mid-way through or treatment you would like to commence.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.